If you would like the one of the TEL team (Nick or David) to come in to your class to do a specific session with your group, you can use the calendar below to book a slot. You can choose from the list of sessions below or you can request a specific topic you would like a session run on.
- Introduction to University of Sheffield technology and online services (this is for classes with ONLY new students)
- Presentation tools and skills (better use of Powerpoint and intro to other online tools such as Prezi)
- Using the University of Sheffield online library services
- Effective search skills using Google and Google Scholar
- Using software and online tools for effective referencing and citation (Mendeley, Proquest Flow)
- Creating surveys and questionnaires using online tools (Google Forms)
- Organising classroom notes, vocabulary and information online
- Online tools to collaborate and learn autonomously outside the classroom (Google Drive/Docs)
- Better brainstorming and essay writing using online tools (mind-mapping software etc)
How to book a slot
Please note that you need to be logged into Google to view the calendar below (you must have logged into MUSE and opened email)
- Scroll down to the calendar at the bottom of this page and find a suitable time/date that has a grey box with Available on it.
- Click on the grey box. A dialogue box should click open with some fields to complete.
- The What space can stay the same, just leave the information
- In the Where space, type the name of your classroom (e.g. B5, C8)
- In the Description space, type your name, the name of the session (e.g. Effective Search Skills OR Presentation Tools etc) and your group (e.g. PAE01, AEPC04)
- When you have done that, click Save and you’re finished. You should receive an email shortly afterwards confirming your booking.